Krishna University (KRU) is committed to ensure world class
standards of excellence in teaching, research, consultancy and
public engagement activities to realize the vision and mission of
the university. The quality objectives and practices include:
- To put in place the internal quality assurance system for
conscientious, continuous, catalytic and planned action towards
efficient academic and administrative performance.
- To create an environment for quality enhancement and sustenance by
institutionalization of best practices and internalization of quality
- To develop quality benchmarks for various academic and
administrative activities of the University to put in place quality
practices in all its day to day operations by developing standard
operating procedures for various activities.
- To guide, facilitate and encourage affiliated colleges in quality-related
- To design a system for assimilating feedback on educational
programmes from the stakeholders such as teachers, students,
employers, government and non-government organizations.
- To undertake training and development activities for all staff to build
their capacity for operationalization of quality practices.
- To organize inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars and
conferences on quality related themes and promotion of quality
- To develop and maintain institutional database and design a sound
Management Information System (MIS) for ensuring institutionalwide
- To prepare the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the
University based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria
developed by quality assurance bodies.
- To develop bi-annual Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Internal
Units of KRU as a part of Quality Monitoring and Guidance.